Time & Location
07 Oct 2023, 19:00 – 23:00
Gillingham, Midkent College Medway Campus, Medway Rd, Gillingham ME7 1FN, UK
"It is with great sadness that London Calling this week mourns the passing of bass player Joe "Zep" Gautieri We need some time to grieve and process the loss of our friend. Shows in the following weeks will be rescheduled and we hope that you all understand the need for us to take this time With apologies London Calling (Dave, Reg and James)"
Dates as confirmed earlier:
· Northampton, Roadmender: Friday 29th September - will now be on Friday 5th April 2024
· Leamington Spa, Assembly: Saturday 30th September - will now be Saturday 6th April 20234
· Dover, The Booking Hall: Friday 6th October - will now be Friday 12th July 2024
· Gillingham, Glassbox Theatre: Saturday 7th October - will now be Saturday 13th July 2024
· Gloucester, Guildhall: Friday 13th October - will now be Saturday 6th July 2024
London Calling play the 1978 album by The Clash in full to celebrate it's 45th anniversary.
The Clash released their acclaimed second album Give 'Em Enough Rope in 1978. It went to #2 in the UK Charts and was the first album by the band to be released in the USA. Sounds Magazine named the album as the 'Best Album of the Year'.
NME voted it the '87th Greatest Album of All Time' retrospectively in 1993.
London Calling, the world's premiere tribute to The Clash, will be paying homage by playing the album in it's entirety in sequence.
They will then go on and play the best of the rest including all the hit singles and more such as Should I Stay or Should I Go, Rock the Casbah, I Fought the Law, White Man in Hammersmith Palais, Complete Control, Clash City Rockers, Train in Vain, and, of course, London Calling.